Alright brides, non-brides, bloggers, men, women, and you. There are about a million things out there claiming they help you lose weight fast, but there are truly a few simple steps you can take that are easy to incorporate into your life. And none require you to purchase a crazy system, track points or starve yourself (YAY!) By the way, starving yourself actually makes your body think you are dying causing it to hold onto whatever food it does get, which means fat on your body, so it really doesn’t work.
1. Water. This is one of the simplest things and it’s practically free. Everyone should drink half their body weight in ounces every day. Sound like a lot? Might be. Let’s say you weigh 140lbs. That means 70 oz. of water should be going in each day. If you’re looking at one of these 27 oz. bottles from Klean Kanteen, you’ll be drinking one of these 2.5 times. And the more water you drink, the less soda you will put in your body, which means you will notice a HUGE difference in the way you feel. 2. Start some type of exercise. OK, I know. Duh?? But really, exercising your body is going to make you feel loads better. And look at it this way: there are 168 hours in the week. Dedicate 3 of them to exercise and you still have 165 left. That’s not too bad is it? And there are easy ways to start exercising. Two of my favorites are TRX and kettlebells (pictured below) both of which can be done in your living room. I’m also a big fan of Zumba classes.
3. Eat right. There are a million “diets” and “fads” out there that will tell you you’re going to lose weight fast. Well, most of them include taking things out of your meals and not putting anything back in. I don’t know about you, but I actually like to eat. I enjoy it. So, instead of putting crappy things in my body (chips, slim-jims, fried foods) I started putting MORE good foods in my body (vegetables, quinoa, fruit). I still cheat every now and then, but I try to follow the 80/20 Non-Diet, which basically revolves around the concept that if you eat right 80% of the time, the other 20% won’t matter.
So there, it may be things you’ve heard before, but have you really applied them? They’re simple. I promise.